A large furniture chain has opened new several locations around the Sacramento region.
Bob’s Discount Furniture, the 10th-largest furniture chain in the nation, announced new stores in Folsom, Roseville and Elk Grove on Friday.
The three stores celebrated with ribbon cuttings and more than $17,000 in donations to local schools and charities, including The Gathering Inn, Vista Del Lago High School, and The Legenade Children’s Fund.
The stores feature more than 100,000 square feet of retail space and come to the region as wait times for furniture delivery become longer and longer.
An increase in demand for housing and furniture, coupled with supply chain delays, has made furnishings harder to come by, according to a 2021 article in Bloomberg. Shipping times for furniture at several major retailers continue to be slow.
A spokesman for Bob’s Discount Furniture said the new stores in Folsom, Roseville and Elk Grove have stock available for purchase.
“It’s gotten much better than what it was a year ago,” said Kevin Parker, zone vice president for Bob’s Discount Furniture. “We have plenty of merchandise in stock and available for delivery. We let you know up front.”
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close
- Antique furniture is new again: Stylish, green and available | Home & Garden
- Home furnishings and furniture stores decline in tough month for retail
- Family-Owned Furniture Store Gives Customers a Chance to Golf With SYNLawn Putting Green
- Save hundreds on patio & outdoor