Dirla Furniture and More on East Trafficway Street in Springfield is closing after 12-and-a-half years of selling furniture and home decor items.
A liquidation sale is going on now, and owner Jim Taylor said the store will close for good Dec. 23. Taylor cited increased labor costs and a decline in sales as reasons for the closure.
“We’re just not getting enough traffic to really justify keeping it open,” Taylor said.
Taylor said the store still had its good days when it would move thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, but there were also days when they would only make $20.
In early January, Taylor plans to launch DirlaBid.com, an online auction-style website where the company’s loyal fans will find the same product they’ve become used to seeing at the brick-and-mortar location.
More:east Springfield has closed” class=”link “>Hardee’s location in east Springfield has closed
Taylor said he appreciates the customers he’s had over the last decade-plus, and he is hoping for the best with his new venture.
“Going forward, we are putting our faith in the Lord that everything will go well,” Taylor said.
This article originally appeared on Springfield News-Leader: dirla-furniture-and-more-closing-on-east-trafficway-in-springfield/69720550007/” data-ylk=”slk:Dirla Furniture and More closing on East Trafficway in Springfield” class=”link “>Dirla Furniture and More closing on East Trafficway in Springfield
- After many twists over 25 years, a furniture store owner in the west metro decides to close
- Antique furniture is new again: Stylish, green and available | Home & Garden
- Home furnishings and furniture stores decline in tough month for retail
- Family-Owned Furniture Store Gives Customers a Chance to Golf With SYNLawn Putting Green
- Save hundreds on patio & outdoor